A lot of us are guilty of not paying proper attention to lacing our shoes. Most of the time, we do it in a hurry and we no longer care whether we do it wrong or right. However, it should be pointed out that there is actually a proper way of doing this, especially with regards to the type of feet that we have.
If you want to know how to lace shoes for wide feet, keep on reading and we’ll let you know how you can do it. The trick here is to not do it too tight so as not to constrict the foot. Otherwise, there will be pressure coming from the sides and will make you feel uncomfortable while wearing your shoes.
How to Lace Shoes for Wide Feet
To lace your shoe properly when you have a wide foot, here are the simple steps that you have to follow:
- Insert the lace on the bottom part. Lace it on the first eyelet.
- Cross the lace over and lace down going to the next eyelet.
- On the next, do not cross. Instead, go straight to lacing up on the third eyelet.
- Cross the lace over and lace down on the way to the fourth eyelet.
- On the next, do not cross. Instead, go straight to lacing up on the fifth eyelet.
- Continue with this lacing pattern until you reach the end.
Basically, the important thing here is to not cross at a regular interval. Skip one eyelet. This will provide the interior of the shoe with a wider room, which will be perfect for your wide foot.
That’s it! Lacing your shoe to fit your wide foot is fairly easy! Now, if you want to feel comfortable when playing tennis or any other sport, lacing alone will not be enough. It would be wise to invest in the top tennis shoes for wide feet! The latter will help you to perform better without worrying about the pain that you can feel in your feet while on the court.