Are you looking for the best tennis shoes for women & men?
With tons of shoes available on the market, it can get pretty hectic to find the right tennis foot wear that is perfect.
So, to save your time and prevent the headache, we have spent hours searching for some of the best tennis shoes available both for women and men and we have pulled out 33 unique and best-performing shoes based on their features, price and overall rating.
Grab a cup of coffee and take your time to go through our honest reviews of some of the best footwear that can help you perform better on the court.
Table of Contents
- 1 18 Best Tennis Shoes for Women Review
- 1.1 Adidas Performance Women’s ASMC Barricade 2017 Tennis Shoe
- 1.2 ASICS Women’s Gel Solution Speed 2 Clay Tennis Shoe
- 1.3 Adidas Stella McCartney Barricade Boost Womens Tennis Shoe
- 1.4 NIKE Women’s Air Vapor Advantage Tennis Shoe
- 1.5 ASICS Women’s Gel-Game Point Tennis Shoe
- 1.6 K-Swiss Women’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe
- 1.7 NIKE Women’s Court Lite Tennis Shoe
- 1.8 ASICS Women’s GEL-Game 5 Tennis Shoe
- 1.9 Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoe
- 1.10 ASICS Women’s Gel Challenger 10 Tennis Shoe
- 1.11 Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Club Training Shoe
- 1.12 ASICS Women’s Gel-Dedicate 4 Tennis Shoe
- 1.13 Nike Women’s Flex Trainer 5 Shoe
- 1.14 RYKA Women’s Vida RZX Cross-Training Shoe
- 1.15 Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Team 4 W Tennis Shoe
- 1.16 New Balance Women’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoe
- 1.17 Adidas Women’s Barricade Court Tennis Shoes
- 1.18 Nike Womens Downshifter 6 Running Shoe
- 2 15 Best Tennis Shoes for Men Review
- 2.1 Babolat Propulse Bpm All Court Mens Tennis Shoe
- 2.2 Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis Shoe
- 2.3 Wilson Men’s Kaos Composite Tennis Shoe
- 2.4 Adidas Performance Men’s Adizero Ubersonic Tennis Shoe
- 2.5 Wilson Amplifeel Men’s Tennis Shoe
- 2.6 Babolat Men`s Propulse Fury All Court Tennis Shoes
- 2.7 Adidas Performance Barricade Classic Bounce Tennis-Shoes
- 2.8 ASICS Men’s Gel-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoe
- 2.9 Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 6 Running Shoe
- 2.10 ASICS Gel Resolution 7 Novak Djokovic Mens Tennis Shoe
- 2.11 Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion 2 Mens Tennis Shoe
- 2.12 New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoe
- 2.13 Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2016 Tennis Shoe
- 2.14 ASICS Men’s Gel-Challenger 10 Tennis Shoe
- 2.15 New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoe
- 3 How to Choose Good Tennis Shoes
18 Best Tennis Shoes for Women Review
The Adidas Performance Women’s ASMC Barricade 2017 Tennis Shoe comes with a nice blend of fashion and performance. This is a new and upgraded version for the women and comes with a redesigned Primeknit upper also known as its “bootee”.
It also features an exclusive BOOST cushioning technology which helps to offer you with explosive energy return and a better respond time. For added traction, secure footing and durability, it has a durable rubber which is in a modified herringbone tread pattern on the outsole of this shoe.
Moreover, this footwear is pretty much flexible and you can start playing on the court right out of the box condition. Its comfortability and stability is unbeatable and is the only reason why it tops our list of best tennis shoes for women.
Even though the arch support isn’t as good, still these shoes feel very comfortable and lightweight to play with no poor performance at all. They come packed with style and grace and will help enhance your performance.
- Imported quality synthetic material construction
- Durable rubber sole
- 360-degree TPU for added support and durability
- BOOST technology for extra plush and better recovery
- Arch support is not good
The ASICS Women’s Gel Solution Speed 2 Clay Tennis Shoe is known for its lightweight profile and outstanding performance. It was launched a couple of years ago and has an ultra-fast and comfortable performance with plenty of support and stability for your feet.
We really loved its wide toe box and a lower arch design which is not only great for people with wide feet but also for those who have fallen arches. Don’t worry if you have narrow feet because the customized lace-up system will allow you to tighten up the shoes to your perfect fit.
Once these shoes are on your feet, you will feel confident to play with your full potential. The support, secure fit and stability it offers is simply amazing. The rubber sole underneath it offers a nice plush feel with better recovery and shock absorbing qualities.
Overall, it has a nice traction and a lightweight profile which helps you to move fast and give your best when playing tennis or doing other activities.
- Affordable price tag
- High-quality synthetic material construction
- Gel cushioning with memory foam lined collar and heel
- Rubber sole
- Slight lingering issue with its traction
The Adidas Stella McCartney Barricade Boost Womens Tennis Shoe comes packed with a lightweight and stylish profile that will make the heads turn wherever you go. This upgraded design has an exclusive Boost Technology which is added in the heel area of this footwear. This offers extra cushioning and better recovery from hard landings and allows you to move briskly and get better at your lateral movements.
Its upper has a durable Primeknit material which adds more perfect to this pair. So far, Stella McCartney Barricade has been Adidas’s most comfortable pair ever. It has a durable construction, cool aesthetics and nice traction which helps to boost your overall performance.
These shoes are flexible and will stretch a bit with time. While this pair is light in weight, quicker and comfortable what we really love is its extra stability and support. It provides you a super soft feel and is much more flexible as compared to other shoes on the market.
- Breathable and seamless
- Lightweight profile
- Extra durable and stability
- 3D Torsion for extra mid-foot support
- Allows forefoot to move and flex naturally
- Available in multiple color options
- No drawbacks
Beat your opponents by wearing the NIKE Women’s Air Vapor Advantage Tennis Shoes because they offer an exceptional comfort and support which helps to stay focused and confident on the play court.
Even Maria Sharapova personally recommends this pair. It is extremely affordable and comes with ultra-soft cushioning which is embedded on its entire foot bed. This pair also has Nike’s exclusive Air cushioning integrated in its heel which results in plusher and pillow like feel as you walk or land hard on the ground.
Its upper is constructed from a very lightweight synthetic material which not only enhances is comfortability but also offers you a stable fit. The midsole has a durable full-length Phylon along with encapsulated Nike Air unit integrated in the heel section. This offers more safety and protection.
Finally, its outsole has an exclusive XDR rubber compound along with a herringbone pattern. This helps to dramatically improve its traction and durability on nearly any type of terrain you go on. Also, to increase stability in the outsole area, a mid-foot shank is added.
- Textile grade material
- Extra cushioning with better recovery
- Padded collar and tongue for support and secure fit
- Mid-foot shank for improved stability
- Slightly expensive
The ASICS Women’s Gel GamePoint is an entry level shoe and comes with a durable rubber outsole featuring lateral wraps that results in excellent traction, especially if you are playing on the hard courts.
You will love its simple yet high quality full grain and Synthetic Leather Uppers which offers better fitting and performance. It also has a Rearfoot Gel Cushioning which is not only light in weight but also helps to add a plush feeling for better recovery. This cushioning is integrated in its EVA Midsole as well.
Because the upper is constructed from synthetic leather, it makes it easier for you to clean them. This material also collects less dirt as compared to other shoes on the market.
The Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System helps to offer better recovery from hard impacts and also gives you a smooth transition for midstance.
Overall, it has an outstanding design with maximum comfort and support with mesh upper that results in better ventilation and keeps your feet cool and dry for prolonged duration. It comes at a very affordable price and will help to improve your performance.
- Extremely comfortable and supportive
- Provides extra heel and mid-foot support
- Ankle support is not good
The K-Swiss Women’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe is a lightweight and affordable option for you with a classic feel and extremely supportive profile. It provides extra stability when walking, running or making lateral movements.
Its impressive comfort and extra cushioning results in better feel and helps to recover quickly from hard landings. The plush feel is extremely important when playing tennis as it helps to keep your focused on your game and give a more confident feel.
The ankle area has extra padding which is integrated for added protection while its adequate arch support makes this pair perfect for individuals with fallen arches.
Its medium width design and the extra flexibility in its material makes it perfect for women who have pretty wide feet and need a roomy toe box. What we really love about this pair is its sticky traction which gives you a better grip when making aggressive movements while playing.
Overall, it is a durable pair with excellent performance and traction which will help you get better at your game of tennis.
- Nice and cool design
- Quality leather and synthetic material built
- Gel cushioning for extra plush
- Only two color options available
- Shoe pad isn’t good
If you are an entry level who is just starting or goes a couple of times on the tennis court, then you definitely need the NIKE Women’s Court Lite Tennis Shoe. It is extremely lightweight pair with extra cushioning that will keep your feet comfortable.
While it is a beginner level shoe, it is solid as a rock and is perfect for recreational playing, thanks to its comfortable and supportive feel. It offers you great value for the money paid and is designed for out of the box comfort.
Its soft upper material and phylon midsole helps to increase its durability and offers you a more secure feel when playing. Whereas the outsole can be used on nearly any court surface and it provides added durability.
The upper is made out of synthetic leather and mesh which makes it supportive, lightweight and breathable keeping your feet cool and dry. Its midsole has the full length phylon which offers extra comfort on the underfoot while the outsole features GDR rubber for maximum traction when playing on hard surface.
- Extremely durable manmade shoe
- Cushioned foot bed
- Durable rubber sole
- Offers extra protection to your feet
- Expensive for some color options
The ASICS Women’s GEL-Game 5 Tennis Shoes are known for its attractive design with orange lace that nicely contrast the dark color of the shoe. This pair has an excellent durability and offers extra pressure on the forefront.
They are solid and will remain as new for months to come. What’s amazing is that these shoes do not collect dirt easily. This way you won’t need to clean them again and again.
Its outsole is made out of solid rubber and won’t lose its shape even after years of extensive use. This rubber outsole also offers a strong grip, especially on the clay tennis court. This will keep your feet stable throughout the game.
The grippy feature is actually amazing because a solid base is where important when you hit the ball.
Overall, these shoes have a professional design with attractive aesthetics and allows you to play for hours with maximum comfort and stability. This pair is reliable and comes at a very reasonable price with multiple color options which you can easily wear.
- High quality synthetic leather with mesh upper for breathability
- Solid rubber outsole for outstanding grip
- Pguard toe protector which enhances toe durability
- Gel Cushioning in the forefoot for better shock absorption
- Toe area is narrow
The Women’s T22 is Prince’s top selling and one of the best tennis shoes available on the market. This model is designed with a lightweight profile and a very cool aesthetics that will make the heads turn on the court or anywhere you go.
Its upper has a breathable mesh that will help to keep your feet dry and cool for hours and prevent the discomfort. This mesh is welded with TPU foot straps which increases its stability and results in an excellent stability.
Moreover, having a wide fit, this pair is ideally perfect for people with different kinds of feet. For instance, people having wide feet or fallen arches usually find it difficult to get slip their foot inside a narrow shoe. However, the T22 has a wide toe box and mid-foot area and will give you a comfortable and nice fit.
Overall, it is a nice pair which will help you make the aggressive movements on the court with outstanding support, stability and traction.
- High quality synthetic material built
- Breathable upper mesh
- Rubber sole with extra plush feel
- PRC 1000 outsole with outstanding durability
- New manufacturers don’t offer the same level of comfort as these shoes used to have in the past
Very much similar to the Gel Resolution model, the ASICS Women’s Gel Challenger 10 Tennis Shoe offers you outstanding comfort and stability with extra mid foot support and very minimal wear on the outsole.
If you have a tight budget, this pair is perfect for you. It has a pretty stylish design with an attractive synthetic leather upper that adds a lot to its overall beauty. This leather material is very tough and durable, so don’t worry about wear and tear.
To offer extra comfort, the rubber sole is made soft to be able to absorb impacts and provide outstanding stability to your feet. For an extra layer of comfort, ASICS have gone a step ahead and added soft interior padding. This extra padding offers you superior support around the heel and ankles.
Covering the synthetic leather is its mesh upper for breathability, ensuring proper flow of air through the shoe.
- PGuard toe protector
- Durable leather material
- ASICS unique high abrasion rubber for extra plush and durability
- Lightweight and extremely comfortable
- Toe box is a bit narrow
While this pair is extremely affordable, it has one of the coolest design that beats most of its competitors. The soft and flashy fabric used is both durable and comfortable to wear. Its rubber sole is pretty tough and offers quick recovery from hard landings by easily absorbing the shocks.
It features a lightweight mesh upper which ensures proper flow of air through the shoes and helps to keep your feet dry and cool for long. This upper also comes with lateral forefoot straps that help to add more stability.
To protect your heels and ankles, this pair features ADIPRENE cushioning in the heel area. This cushioning is actually very comfortable and easily absorbs the impacts from hard landings and adds more comfort to the shoes.
The outsole features ADIWEAR 6 which is Adidas’s unique footwear feature that makes the outsole extra durable and prevents the wear and tear even after several months of extensive use.
Overall, it is an affordable pair with a nice design and great features to help you enhance your performance.
- High quality smooth, soft, durable and imported fabric
- Rubber sole for shock absorption
- ADIPRENE heel cushioning
- ADIWEAR 6 outsole for added durability
- Shoes are bit narrow and not very flexible
With tons of ASICS models available out there, one of the most popular and top-selling one is ASICS Women’s Gel-Dedicate 4 Tennis Shoe. It is a symbol of perfection and helps a lot in improving your performance on the court or anywhere else you go.
It has an improvised design that not only provides extra protection but an excellent level of performance especially to the beginners. As the name tells, it has a GEL cushioning foot bed which not only is lightweight but also makes the shoe extremely comfortable to slip in your foot.
Though we didn’t much like its rubber sole, still it is durable enough to offer you the stability and support your feet need. Moreover, it has an interior padding with a super soft foam, very much like memory foam. This adds like a guard for your heel and ankles and prevent all those unexpected injuries and sprains.
Overall, it has a durable leather construction with a lightweight profile and super amazing design.
- Comes at a very affordable price tag
- Perfect for individuals who play tennis quite often
- Fits perfectly
- Cool design
- No drawbacks
You will fall in love with the comfortability of the Nike Women’s Flex Trainer 5 Shoes and the affordable price tag it boasts. This pair has a flexible profile which allows you to wear them right out of the box condition.
It has a lightweight design which not only makes it comfortable but also boosts your confidence and help with those aggressive lateral movements. While it is light in weight, it has got the durability and stability that your feet need.
Best of all, it has plenty of color options available and the style of the shoes is very attractive with contrasting laces that looks nice and flashy.
While these are advertised as tennis shoes, a lot of women also use them for their gym workouts and actually have positive reviews on how well they perform even at gym.
You will be surprised by the grip it provides on nearly any type of terrain, even a wet pavement and doesn’t slip. This helps to keep your heel and ankles safe and secure.
Overall, if you are looking for an affordable multi-purpose and comfortable pair, Nike Women’s Flex Trainer 5 Shoe is your way to go.
- High quality synthetic material construction
- Durable rubber sole with extra plush and shock absorption
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Excellent traction and grip
- Slightly expensive
The RYKA Women’s Vida RZX Cross is a perfect training shoe for the beginners and intermediates which is known for its outstanding stability and support for the feet. It has a cute design and adds spring to your step that feels great.
What’s amazing is its color blend and a range of different options available which looks very attractive. Some of its notable color options include Blue/Mint, Lime/Blue and Black/Ryka Pink/Lime Blaze.
The interior is pink in color and the lacing as well which nicely contrast with the overall color of the shoe.
It also features a breathable mesh upper that helps to keep your feet dry and cool by ensuring proper flow of air through the shoes. Moreover, its heel has a substantial level of support with Comfort Re-Zorb cushioning for extra shock absorption and comfortability.
While they are made for tennis, if you flip them over, it has a fine pivot point which is perfect for twirling, dancing and spinning as well.
- Imported quality materials and manmade design
- Synthetic sole which is durable
- Lace=up cross training profile
- Back of the shoe is wide
Adidas is undoubtedly one of the best brands on the market and the Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Team 4 W Tennis Shoe, which is an entry level shoes, is considered as one of the perfect pair with all the features a beginner needs to perform the best on the court.
While this shoe has a very affordable price tag, it has a very solid construction which is made from imported quality synthetic leather and fabric duo. Adidas has used a very thick rubber sole which not only adds more to the overall durability of the shoe, it also absorbs the impacts from hard landings nicely and results in excellent support for your ankles.
It comes in three different colors and multiple sizing options. While it comes true to fit size, its traditional lace-up system lets you tie them to your customized and comfortable fitting.
Overall, it has pretty appealing design with a breathable mesh and a modern look that will make the heads turn on the tennis court.
- adiWear technology for extra traction
- Imported quality built
- Shock absorbing ADIPRENE and foam cushioning
- Affordable price
- Not good for people with wide feet
Say hello to the updated New Balance Women’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoe which has a modern design. It helps you to make those aggressive lateral movements faster while offering comfortability and stability.
The moment you slip your foot inside; you’ll get to know how comfortable this pair is. It also uses FantomFit technology which is a blend of mesh upper and durable leather for breathability and added comfort. Needless to say, its overlays provide you with a secure fit, especially around the forefoot area. This enhances support and stability.
Moreover, it has a 10MM drop which gives a plush feel with extra cushioning and ABZORB technology which nicely absorbs the shocks and impacts from hard landings. Furthermore, the toe cap and NDurance rubber outsole with the herringbone pattern offers you with plenty of durability and support.
Its length fits true to size and comes with a pretty impressive arch support making it a great option for individuals with fallen arches.
Overall, it has an outstanding performance with an unbeatable price and extra level of comfort.
- High quality built
- Rubber sole with impressive shock absorbing qualities
- ABZORB heel and C-cap midsole
- Affordable and very comfortable
- Arch support is not very good
If you are looking for a footwear with the perfect blend of comfort and style, you need the Adidas Women’s Barricade Court Tennis Shoes. The new version has extra plush cushioning and support and is perfect to be played on any court surface.
This pair comes at a very budget-friendly price and is perfect for the tennis enthusiasts. As compared to its previous version, this one has more color options and a nice design with nice contrasting laces.
Its upper is constructed form synthetic material with lateral support which is great for making aggressive movements. The mesh inserts are also good for moisture control and helps to keep your feet dry for prolonged time.
Its weight is hardly 10 ounces which makes it a lightweight and comfortable pair. While breathability is a feature, its flexibility is pretty impressive. The soft rubber outsole helps in free motion and gives you a nice feel the moment you slip your feet inside.
Durability is something you can’t doubt. It has ADIWEAR outsole and high quality synthetic leather upper which gives it the strength. The ADIPRENE technology offer you 3-D torsion and helps in adding enough support in the mid-foot, forefoot and rear-foot area.
Overall, this pair is a durable option for you which is designed to provide you with maximum comfort, stability and perfect fit. With these shoes on your feet, you won’t have to worry about safety or comfort.
- High quality synthetic material build
- Durable rubber sole for better shock absorption and grip
- Mesh upper which ensures moisture control and provides maximum breathability
- 3D torsion for added support and stability in the entire shoe
- The bulky profile gives it a masculine look
The last on our list for the best tennis shoes for women features Nike Womens Downshifter 6 Running Shoe. It has a lightweight mesh upper for maximum breathability and guarantees maximum comfort no matter how long you play.
Visually it looks very appealing and has contrasting flat lace system that gives you a nice customized fitting. The shaft measures roughly 2.9” from the arch which in general is pretty good for people with fallen arches. Best of all, this shoe doesn’t have a sew in its design and features manmade overlays.
- Breathable and light weight upper mesh for moisture control
- Extremely comfort foot bed, thanks to the extra cushioning
- Deep flex grooves for natural stride
- Attractive design
15 Best Tennis Shoes for Men Review
The Babolat Propulse Bpm All Court Mens Tennis Shoe offers you a lightweight and super-fast performance. It has a pretty low profile with innovative technology which gives you a more comfortable and natural feel on any type of court.
It has a soft cushioning with a plush feel and nicely absorbs all shocks and impacts from hard landings. What we have noticed that this pair has extra softness as compared to its previous version which is great. You will feel the comfortability the moment you slip your foot inside.
Even if you lace up your shoes very tight, the soft foot bed with cushioned lining will still give you a comfortable feel. Though the support and durability of the shoes is not as impressive as its comfort, still it can last longer than your average sneakers.
Also, the lightweight upper mesh ensures a proper flow of air through the shoes and offers plenty of ventilation which helps you stay comfortable and keeps your feet dry and cool.
Overall, it is a great pair with outstanding performance and comfort level that you will love.
- Outstanding comfort
- Proper ventilation and arch support
- Multiple color options
- Satisfactory stability and durability
If you are pissed off buying shoes which do not come up to your expectations, you definitely need the Adidas Men’s Adizero Ubersonic 2 Tennis pair which come with a unique Ubersonics that result in a faster performance and more comfort.
It helps a lot with making those lateral movements much aggressively thus resulting in a faster foot work. Moreover, it features a sock like booty construction which is integrated to provide you with plusher feel and thus enhanced comfort in the entire foot bed.
Furthermore, this booty construction also increases the support and stability of this foot wear which boosts your confidence level in moving around the court with your maximum potential. Also, its low profile design increases your overall pace without sacrificing the stability of the shoe.
Its design is exceptionally impressive and will make the heads turn on the court. On top of the shoe is a lightweight mesh upper which ensures proper ventilation and this keeps your feet dry and cool for long.
- Imported quality material construction
- Rubber sole with extra plush
- Excellent breathability
- Abrasion resistant ADITUFF for more support and stability
- The tongue lacks flexibility and feels rigid
These shoes will catch your attention in the very first sigh. As attractive they appear, they also have tons of features with a modern look and excellent support. It comes in plenty of bright color options with a flashy design that looks nicer with contrasting laces.
Your first experience with the Wilson Men’s Kaos Composite Tennis Shoe on the court will be a great one. The first thing you will notice is its super comfortable cushioning on the foot bed which offers you extra plush feel and absorbs the shocks efficiently.
It features a durable material around its forefoot and toe region which enhances its good stability and durability preventing any unexpected injury or sprain. This material helps a lot in making those quick stops when running forward.
While it is durable, the wide toe box makes it perfect for individuals with wide feet and fallen arches. Overall, this pair offers you outstanding stability and durability with a cutting-edge style that will make the heads turn on the court. If you are really looking to improve your performance when playing tennis, you need this pair right now.
- Imported quality synthetic material build
- Very nice design with cool aesthetics
- Breathable upper mesh
- Custom lace up system
Really want to improve your performance on the court when playing tennis and make those aggressive lateral movements more efficiently? Well, you need the Adidas Performance Men’s Adizero Ubersonic Tennis pair which comes with adequate arch support and overall foot stability.
The reason these shoes are super quick is their lightweight profile. This not only makes them comfortable for you, it also allows you to make brisk movements and respond better to the approaching shots.
Its most impressive feature is its full herringbone tread pattern which gives you a nice blend of grip and stability, allowing you to change directions and play with more confidence. Though it doesn’t have much padding and cushioning, it still absorbs those impacts from hard landings much better. And don’t worry, lack of extra cushioning won’t sacrifice the comfort level of this pair.
Overall, it is a lightweight and attractive tennis shoe with some cool features that will help to improve your speed and performance when playing.
- Durable construction with synthetic material build
- Solid rubber sole with SPRINTFRAME construction for added stability and speed
- ADITUFF technology for better resistance against abrasion in the toe area
- Flexibility is satisfactory
The Wilson Amplifeel Men’s Tennis Shoe is popular for its Amplifeel technology and breathable upper mesh which lets you play for hours with no sweat, keeping your feet dry, cool and comfortable throughout the session.
Its excellent support and stability is worth mentioning here which not only boost your performance on the court but also increases your confidence to make aggressive lateral movements.
The Velcro ankle cuff with low profile design along with forefoot cage like protection will give you a very secure feel. When it comes to durability, this pair is of no exception. You simply can’t doubt its durability. These shoes are guaranteed to last for years to come.
We also love the support and stability it provides which is perhaps the most important feature of any tennis shoe.
Its fitting is quite roomy and the traditional lace up system offers you a customized fit, making it perfect both for players with narrow and wide feet.
Overall, this tennis pair will drastically improve your performance without sacrificing durability or comfort.
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Amplifeel with a super comfortable feel
- Provides a nice support and stability to your feet
- Low profile design made for all type of players
- Slightly expensive
- High cuffs which may not be good in summer season
The Babolat Men`s Propulse Fury All Court Tennis Shoes is a new design on the market with a redesigned upper making it stand out from other shoes on the market. It has an outstanding performance with improved fit and a natural feel. They feel extremely comfortable to wear and the extra cushioning helps a lot in absorbing the impact better.
- Outstanding level of comfort
- Great support and stability
- Durable sole
- Excellent traction
- Heel has a bit of slippage
The Adidas Performance Barricade Classic Bounce is a very soft tennis shoe. It comes with a plush feel with a traditional design but a modern look. Its roomier fit makes it perfect for players with wide feet while the customized lace up system lets the players with narrow feet to tighten it to their comfortable feel. The extra cushioning in the foot bed nicely absorbs the shocks and offers you a comfortable feel and the upper mesh makes this pair breathable.
- Traditional style with a durable build
- Imported quality materials
- Plush feel
- Very comfortable and durable
- No drawbacks
Say hello to one of ASICS’s most popular and top sellers, ASICS Men’s Gel-Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoe which boasts an excellent performance and to no surprise is a very comfortable and durable pair. It has a supportive mid foot area and extra cushioning for plush and better shock absorption. Its lightweight profile increases your speed on the court and lets you play comfortably and confidently. Overall, it has a nice and impressive design with multiple color options.
- Reflective design making it great for night use
- Imported quality material construction
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning for extra comfort
- Not great around the ankles
The Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 6 Running Shoe features a lightweight mesh upper which is breathable and comfortable. It comes with a very light and supportive foam liner in its interior which gives you a nice feel the moment you slip your feet inside. It also has EVA sock liner which provides great support to your ankles and heel and the Micro G® foam in its mid-sole strides comfortably, making those liftoffs on the court more explosive.
- Very lightweight
- Breathable with good traction
- Great cushioning
- Fits true to size
- Feels a bit narrow
The ASICS Gel Resolution 7 Novak Djokovic Mens Tennis Shoe is a revolutionary pair and is one of the most popular tennis shoe on the market with plenty of color options available. It is durable, feels comfortable and helps to enhance your performance on the court.
- Quality material built with durable rubber
- Full length EVA sockliner
- Comfortable and very supportive
- Enhances your performance
- Sizing is tricky
With an excellent heel and ankle support, the Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion 2 Mens Tennis Shoes are one of the best on the market. It has an excellent cushioning and offers great stability to the elite players. While it makes your feet extremely secure, it also boosts your confidence when playing on the court. Though we didn’t like its narrower fit which isn’t good for players with narrow feet, overall, it is flexible enough to offer you a comfortable feel. We also love its attractive design with plenty of color options to choose from. Overall, it is a durable and comfortable pair that won’t damage your budget and help improve your performance on the court.
- Flexible design
- Bright color and attractive design
- Excellent support and stability
- Narrow fit not good for players with wide feet
The New Balance Men’s MC1006v1 Tennis Shoe is a comfortable option for you with plenty of cushioning in its foot bed that offers extra plush and nice shock absorption. It offers lateral stability and excellent foot support that helps to boost your confidence and allows you to move faster on the court. The extra cushioning also gives you a lightweight feel when playing. Overall, it has a traditional style with a modern look and nice fit.
- Imported fabric made to last long
- Plenty of cushioning
- Mesh upper for extra breathability
- Custom lace-up system
- Satisfactory flexibility
The Adidas Performance Men’s Barricade 2016 Tennis Shoe is known for its outstanding design and a comfortable feel. It offers you a very nice fit and comes with guards around the ankle and heel area for added protection. Its upper features a breathable mesh to keep your feet dry and cool for long and this pair comes in use in right out of the box condition. It offers excellent stability and support without compromising the durability and helps to enhance your performance on the court.
- Attractive design
- Great traction
- Excellent grip
- Slightly rigid
The ASICS Men’s Gel-Challenger 10 Tennis Shoe is a beauty from heaven and the best thing about this pair is that it is manmade with imported quality materials. It has a rubber sole which is not only durable but also absorbs the shocks from hard landings nicely. These shoes are more of a fashion sneaker style which gives it a unique touch and the closure type lace up offers a customized fitting. Overall, it is a durable pair with extra cushioning and support.
- Extremely comfortable and supportive
- Extra cushioning for better recovery
- Synthetic material build
- Imported quality construction
- One of the most affordable tennis shoes on the market by ASICS
- Design is not good
The last on our list is the New Balance Men’s 786v2 Cushioning Tennis Shoe. It is made from 100% tough leather material which makes this pair extremely durable. The rubber sole used offers better recovery from hard landings and lets you make those aggressive movements quicker and efficiently. Overall, it is a very affordable option if you are looking to enhance your performance on the court.
- ABZROB Heel for better protection and recovery
- Long wear drag tip
- 100% leather construction
- Narrow profile not good for players with wide feet
How to Choose Good Tennis Shoes
Knowing how to choose the right tennis shoes is very important and we have put together this ultimate tennis shoes buying guide both for men and women. This will help you choose a footwear with the right features that you need.
First and foremost, you have to ensure that whichever shoe you choose must be lightweight and comfortable. While a good pair is design to provide you optimal support for all lateral movements, a shoe with lightweight profile is a must so that you can move freely and quickly.
Type of Court Surface
Before you buy a flash pair from the list above, let us figure out how a pair performs on different type of court surfaces:
- Grass Courts: If you play on a grass court quite often, you definitely need a shoe with a nub patented sole which not only helps to protect the court but also improve your traction on the slippery grass. These tennis shoes usually boast a synthetic material build with a breathable mesh upper
- Hard Courts: These can be the enemy of your shoes if you don’t have a tough footwear. If you are playing on hard courts, you need tennis shoes which are designed specifically for these type of courts. Their main feature is a very durable sole with shock absorption and cushioning for maximum support and comfort on the hard surfaces
- Clay Courts: Tennis cleat designed for clay courts are usually very soft, constructed out of synthetic uppers along with herringbone tread pattern that doesn’t clog with clay and also offers you a nice grip. They are also very lightweight and helps to increase your speed and maneuverability on the court
- All Courts: Majority of the brands like Babolat, ASICS, NIKE, ADIDAS, etc. manufacture shoes that are made for all court types. They are also multi-purpose and probably the best option to invest in
While features of your tennis shoe are very important, before you buy one, you need to identify your foot type as well. We have found that there are mainly three type of foot types commonly found:
- Normal: If you have a natural arch with the gap under your mid foot area, you probably have a normal foot type and all kind of shoes are perfect for you
- Wide Feet: Don’t feel embarrassed if you have wide feet because a whopping 30% of the world’s popular has wide feet. However, when choosing a tennis shoe, make sure it has a wide toe box to offer enough room to your wide feet. If the mid foot section is also wide that is even perfect.
- Fallen Arches: A few people have fallen arches or flat feet which is either naturally or due to an injury or some other condition. If you have flat feet, you probably need a pair which is wide enough to provide you with the extra room but also provides arch support to play comfortably on the tennis court
Maybe you have the style in which you tend to stick to baseline or an old-school serve. Identifying your play style is very important to choose the right foot wear. If you are baseline player, you probably need a pair which has extremely durable sole with outstanding lateral support and extra cushioning. If you have an old-school serve style, go with the pair which has a durable toe cap with extra flexibility.
Finally, you need to invest in the best brand because your tennis footwear is a long term investment and you need to make it worth investing. Of course, NIKE, ADIDAS comes to mind when we say shoe brand but others like ASICS, BABOLAT, VAPOR, etc. are also a great pick for you. They all offer plenty of varieties with cutting edge technology and advanced features.
Make sure that you choose the sizing of your shoes carefully to avoid any refunds.
So, that’s it fellow readers. I hope you enjoyed reading and found your best tennis shoe on our list.
If you have any questions to ask, feel free to leave them in the comment section. We’ll get back to you ASAP.